Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend













So after we had some nice R&R at Coronado Island, we picked up the kids and headed to the San Onofre State Beach for a weekend of camping. We spent the weekend with Jake and Erin and their kids. It was a blast! We realized that we don't go camping near enough. The kids love being dirty all weekend. They would get filthy dirty and then we would take them down to the beach to get cleaned up a bit :) The first night that we were there the guys (Tommy, Jake and Erik) thought that they would teach the girls how to play some texas hold em'. None of us (the girls) had ever played and we had fun but then they decided to play girls against guys with a wager. The bet was that if we won we got to go out the next day and do alittle shopping without kids and if they won they got to go out and have lunch without wives or kids. So we agreed and guess who won????......thats right girls.... we won!! I can't say that we smoked them but we did win. It was alot of fun and so as promised we got to do our little shopping venture the next day. The guys also had alot of fun surfing. The waves were nice on Monday morning and Tommy was excited that he got to end the trip off on a good note. He did say that he got pumbled by the waves a few times but it was worth it because he got some nice rides in. I do have to say that I think the kids had more fun then any of us. They really enjoyed the entire trip. The only bummer was wouldn't ya know that my camera broke. I did get a few pictures but I was so disappointed because it broke before I could get enough pictures. Hopefully this won't stop me from posting on my blog. I am going to die without my digital though. Maybe I should start hinting right now to Tommy that that is what I want for Christmas :)??? Anyway, here are a few of the pictures that I was able to get while we were camping.

3 comments:

Summer said...

What in the heck...is this like digital cameras ganging up on humans week ??? I seriously need a new camera too. I was just thinking though,I already know 1 thing I am going to buy at the AFTER THANKSGIVNG SALES!!!

Kristen said...

Sounds like you had a great Labor day weekend! How nice that you and Tommy were able to go away for his birthday. I'm glad you had a good time with jake and Erin camping at the beach. Camping is fun, we haven't been in so long!

Christina said...

oh so fun! hey tell him we're the same age- BUT HE"S OLDER! hahah!! i'll be 33 on nov. 25th..ugh..

how fun to go camping at the beach-my idea of showers too!!

hey shoot me an email at clhales2002@yahoo.com