Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One of those days!!

So have you ever had a day where you just feel like you have done nothing but clean up messes all day?? Well that has been my day today. Bryce has been doing so well with potty training until today. I got home from the gym this morning and started with my cleaning and I hear Bryce calling for me so I go into the living room to see what he needs. He is standing there soaking wet and says "I go pee pee". So I clean him up, scrub the carpet and put clean clothes on him. I get back to my cleaning and about 30 minutes later I smell the nastiest smell. I go into the living room again and there is Bryce buck naked with the diaper wipes trying to clean himself up.....if you can't guess he had gone number 2. I followed the trail of you know what into the playroom and found and even bigger mess then the trail. I of course have to give him a bath, scrub the carpet again and get clean clothes on him. While I am doing this I had put his dirty underware into the toilet to attempt to clean them off enough so that I could wash them and I hear the toilet flush...luckily I made it and got them out before it was too late and before a bigger mess was created. A few hours later Bryce and I go and pick Shaun up from school. We get home and I give Bryce a gogurt and he sits down to watch Finding Nemo. I am in the kitchen helping Shaun with homework and I notice that Bryce is extremely quiet which is never a good sign. I go into the living room and he has finger painted with the gogurt all over my couchs. So once again I have a huge mess to clean up. At this point I really can do nothing but laugh. I was so exhausted from cleaning up messes...gross ones at that, that I just had to stand their and laugh. Anyway, just thought I would share one of the joys of motherhood that we all get to experience. Gotta love it!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

oh girl feel your pain..although not smelling it! im sending my becca to potty training camp!! i'll let ya know how it goes..its one of my friends in the woodcrest ward doing it for me..

hoping tomorrow is a CLEANER day for you!

Angie said...

O Jaime. I know the feeling. Kids cn do SO much in SO little time. I feel for you:)

Gaylari said...

Ha!! I know exactly what you are going through... I have been Potty Training Austin the past week. He has caught on really well other than the number 2 part. He just finds the dog and feeds it to him! ICK! I hope things get going better for you!

Gaylari said...

Ha!! I know exactly what you are going through... I have been Potty Training Austin the past week. He has caught on really well other than the number 2 part. He just finds the dog and feeds it to him! ICK! I hope things get going better for you!

Summer said...

Sounds like you had a s----- day!! ha! ha! Hope it get's better soon.