Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ITS A....................!!!!!

We are sooo excited! We just found out that we are having a GIRL!!!! Oh my goodness....can you believe it....a girl!!!! I am so excited!! I had pretty much come to grips with the fact that I might just end up with all boys. In the Thompson family there are I think 18 grandkids and only three of them are girls. The Thompson's are really good boy producers :) But to my surprise I am having a little girl and am still in shock.

I went last week to my ultrasound appointment. Tommy, Shaun and Bryce all came with me. Shaun was so excited! We got back in the room and the first thing that lady said was that it was a girl. She said that the babies legs were open and that it was girl. As soon as the lady said this Bryce started saying "I don't want a girl, I want a boy". "Daddy, I don't want a girl, I want a boy". He must have said this at least 10 times during my ultrasound. We all laughed. Shaun on the other hand was completely amazed. He was asking tons of questions and tried to make out each thing that the lady showed us on the screen.

I think that Tommy was a bit in shock. After we left the office he was pretty quiet and didn't say alot about it. He seemed to be excited but I wasn't sure. Later that night we went home and watched the DV D of the ultrasound and Tommy's eyes just lit up. He started talking about how different it is going to be having a girl because he is going to be so protective. It was cute! There is no question of if he is excited or not...he's thrilled!!

We are so excited about our new addition and I hope that I am a good mom to a girl. I have never been much of a girly girl, so I hope that I can do hair and deal with girl drama :) I think that Bryce has finally come to grips with the fact that it is a girl :) We are so excited about our new little girl and look forward to her arrival!!!

14 comments:

Hemphill Family said...

YEA!!!! I'm so excited for you. You're going to be such a good mom for your girl.

Kristen said...

I was waiting patiently for this post:) YAH! I'm so EXCITED for you guys...and for me too! We needed another girl in the family.

I'm just really happy for you!!
Congratulations!

DAVE AND KATIE said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally another girl in the Thompson family. You will be great with a girl!

Anonymous said...

O yay! I am so glad for you. Girls are so much fun. Congratulations! I know you really wanted a girl and now you got one. That is so cool. Fun Fun Fun! Now our girls can be friends. Thought of any names?

Emily said...

Whoo- hoo! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you! You will love having a little girl! Yes....there will be drama, but it's all worth it! I am so excited for you guys!

Mare said...

Congrats on the girl!!! Funny how some family can just mass produce one gender. My husband's family has pretty much all girls and we are hoping in the off chance we have another it will be a boy. Hope that life is treating you all well, much love marilee

Teresa said...

Yea!!! I am so excited for you! Your first girl. You'll love it! Angie felt the same way you seem to feel, but after she had Jenna for a few days she fell in love! I know you will too!

Christina said...

oh wow fun!! im the pro at girls..i can help! im not much of a girly girl either which is WHY none of my girls hair is EVER cute --just combed-good enough for me!! hahah

that is really crazy that there are only 3 girls--i didnt realize that!

Jayne said...

well, the thompsons definitly need a another girl in this famiy.
very happy for you Jamie, I bet she will be beautiful!

Angie said...

You'll LOVE having a girl. I felt the same way at first. I was crossing my fingers for another boy. I "felt" like it was a boy. I was in SHOCK when they told me she was a girl. It took 3 ultrasounds to convince me. I wouldn't have it any other way now. She's sooooo sweet and cute. I am sure yours will be as well. My boys love their sister. Cardon even says he "wants to marry her" ha ha ha. I am so excited for you! Now for the naming part...GOOD LUCK!

Angie said...

P.S. I was so happy to see you over the holidays. Running into you made my day. I wish we could have visited longer.

byers babes said...

Jamie - You are a great mom and girls just bring more drama to your house. She'll probably be a tomboy and a princess. Either way, I'm sure she'll have Tommy wrapped around her finger in no time. Congrats! Greg says Hi to Tommy.

Kari and Brian said...

How exciting, I had no idea you were expecting. Tommy didn't say anything at Christmas, or if he did Brian didn't say anything. Congratulations!!! You are going to have a ball with a little girl.(the clothes are MUCH cuter for the girls).

Kari and Brian said...

Thats cool I bet you are going to name it Ruby Bogonia Thompson that's Great hope to see you soon

UNCLE BRIAN